What are some things Inner Fire Yoga may not know about you?
- I love the muppets and Neil Patrick Harris.
- My husband I have a lovely labradoodle named Holly Krishna that we treat as a child. She runs our lives.
- I work next door (literally) from IFY at Connections Counseling as a full time mental health counselor and I love my job, though I’m often pretty exhausted.
- I grew up as a theatre kid. I think I was in over 30 productions before I was 18, both professional and amateur stuff.
- I have two older brothers that live in Rochester, MN and Washington, D.C.
Tell us about jobs you had before teaching yoga.
I’m sort of a jack-of-all trades master of none type of lady, but that’s shifting as I’m maturing. Some jobs I have had in the past include nanny, professional actor, voice teacher, choreographer, personal trainer (I’m still certified), office worker, group exercise instructor, ESL teacher, and the Olive Garden in high school.
My husband Mike and I love to jet-set. To date, probably my favorite vacation we took was to Northern California last year. Though Tahiti was an unforgettable experience as well. A weekend in Manhattan always gets me excited.
Oh jeez. You’ll judge me for these. Mean Girls. Dirty Dancing. Harry Potters. My Best Friend’s Wedding. I do appreciate some finer cinematic creations though they’re not coming to mind right now…
Favorite things to do in the Madison area when I’m not at Inner Fire
Some of my favorite things to do in Madison when I’m not at IFY… (this might be pathetic because my husband and I are both work-aholics) – Sleep in my bed – Hang out with our wonderful friends – Eat out at one of our many amazing local restaurants