I received my CYT/RYT training at CorePower Yoga, Chicago. I also have a BA in Theatre Performance and held a Specialist rank in the U.S. Army. Though I discovered yoga 10 years ago through college dance studies, my hot yoga education began in 2009 when I took my first Power Flow at Inner Fire Yoga. It’s been an affair of the heart ever since.
I completed the 750-hour program at Lakeside School of Massage Therapy, Madison, in 2003. Through deep assists, I work this experience into my yoga classes.
My teaching is based in the strong, sensual, freestyle vinyasa yoga I love to practice. I strive to provide a nurturing environment for you to explore asana, pranayama and spirit. Expect my classes to be musically driven and athletic. I am honored to learn and teach beside you every day.
I am a regular contributor to YOGANONYMOUS and elephantjournal. You can also find me at yoga-beast.com. The highlight of my yoga writing career so far has been interviewing Krishna Das at Bhakti Fest 2012.
- TRAINING / CERTIFICATES
- Lakeside School of Massage Therapy 750 hour Massage Therapist Certification Program- Madison WI, 2003
- UW La Crosse Bachelor of Arts- Theatre Performance- 2006
- U. S. Army Basic Combat Training- Fort Jackson, SC, 2007
- U. S. Army Marksmanship Badge- Fort Jackson, SC, 2007
- 200 hour CorePower Yoga Teacher Certification- Chicago, IL, 2011
- 100 hour Unnata Aerial Yoga Certification- Boulder, CO 2013